Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Nonna Luna's Rice & Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Basil-Curry Mayonnaise

Giada was not kidding when she said the Tenderloin would be pricey. The recipe called for 3-4 pounds but because I believe in only eating grass fed organic meat after being a vegetarian for 24 years, I maxed out at 2 pounds (four pieces) for $40. I also use organic chicken broth and dairy to minimize consumption of hormones and antibiotics. It adds up $.  I used ground coriander and cumin instead of having to crush the seeds and I did not toast them (It's a week-night for goodness sakes!).  The rub and mayo was easy to make (My eight year old made it)  and delicious.  A real winner! Applause all around. The shrimp and rice was the Seattle Seahawks of this year's Superbowl. It was the favorite going in but ended up being a disappointment. Too Spicy! Two tablespoons of Tabasco was way too much for the kids and I. The shrimp was runny and never thickened up. I don't think we will try this one again. 
The cleanup sometimes takes longer than the cooking!
Life Lesson: Don't underestimate the underdog




No comments:

Post a Comment