Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Baked Artichokes with Gorgonzola and Herbs

I do not agree that this is time well spent for an "Extraordinary" dish. We are just fine with a plain old steamed artichoke you leave for an hour and then it's ready. Trimming and boiling them in the lemony salty water was the only easy part of this dish. I am sure I committed an Italian cooking cardinal sin by using pre-made Bread crumb instead of  fresh ones.The rest was not only difficult but a bit traumatic. Spreading the chokes open with my fingers and scraping out the center against it's will as it poked me with it's thorny leaves felt completely inappropriate. Then stuffing it with the Gorgonzola cheese mixture after it had been deflowered made me loose my appetite all together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment