Monday, February 2, 2015

First Recipes


Great start with "Giada at Home" recipes for Pea Pesto Crostini and Stuffed Baby Peppers. When I bake I need to be alone to be able to fully concentrate and it becomes a mindful meditation practice for me. I thought I would do the same with cooking when both my girls asked if they could help make the recipes they picked out.  I have been a mom long enough to know that everything takes more time and ends up being more work for me when the kids "help out". But I remembered this is not about be wanting to learn how to bake because I love eating dessert. It is about them. About family. So I surrendered to the art of cooking family style. It's messy, bonding and a lot more fun. We did it together and they might actaully be better at this than I am. The Crostinis were delicious and easy to prepare. The Baby Peppers were hard to stuff (even with little 8 year old fingers).  Next time I would use regular sized peppers and bake for an hour. 
Life Lesson: Messier is sometimes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment